Textbook Refund Policy
- The original cash register receipt must accompany all returns.
- Purchases made with check must wait five business days before a refund will be issued. All other will be refunded via method paid.
- New textbooks must be clean, unmarked and in resale condition. All shrink-wrap must be intact as when purchased.
- Refunds are give ONLY UNTIL THE END OF DROP/ADD PERIOD and only with drop/add slip from registrar's office. After that time, no textbooks can be returned.
- Refunds are given up to two business days from the first day of classes for ILT and summer terms.
Textbooks are available in the bookstore for the current semester through mid-term week.
Book buyback is only conducted during exam week of the Fall and Spring.
Please note that Olivet College Bookstore is only responsible for textbook purchases made at Olivet College Bookstore. If you obtain textbook information on your own and purchase textbooks elsewhere, you are solely responsible for errors in purchases or changes that may occur for that course or textbook material. Please be advised that textbook ISBN's and editions change frequently. It is also possible for professors, courses, textbooks, and other significant information to change at any given time. Olivet College Bookstore is only responsible for those changes if your textbooks are purchased via the bookstore. Please remember to save your receipts for all refunds.
General Merchandise Return Policy
Textbook Ordering Policy
- Merchandise may be returned or exchanged up to 30 days after the original purchase date. Refunds require original cash register receipt. Without the original receipt, merchandise may be exchanged for like merchandise. Any current discounts apply.
- Purchases made with check must wait 5 business days before a refund will be issued. All others will be refunded via method paid.
- All computer-related products are considered final sales. No refunds or exchanges are allowed.
- Personal checks cannot exceed the purchase amount of more than $20.00.
- Used books will be shipped first if stated as a preference.
- When used books are unavailable, new books will be substituted, charged at new book price and shipped.
- Orders will be sent with all purchased books are available. Partial orders will not be shipped.
- Orders for which payment is declined or requires ID will be pulled and held at the bookstore for payment.
Orders will be shipped via customer request with the exception of:
Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes via UPS and will automatically be shipped via U.S. Postal Service.
Gift certificate sales will ship via the United States Postal Service at the current rate.